Maison Brillet is the owner of 65 hectares (150 acres) of vineyards lying between the heart of the Grande Champagne region of Cognac and the banks of the river Charente in the Petite Champagne area. This family owned company produces wine, distils and bottles the finest range of products which are sold all over the world. Sales out of France represent 70 % of the activity. Ten generations have succeeded each other. In 1656, Guy Brillet installed the first still in his vineyard in the heart of the Grande Champagne. Six generations later in 1850, Vivien Brillet increased the size of his vineyards and installed his cellars and stills on the banks of the river Charente at Graves. In 1920, Raymond and his son Jean Brillet started selling their cognacs in bottles. Jean-Louis Brillet, 10th generation of the family, extended the range of products and increased the exports.